Dog Walking Contract
DOG WALKING CONTRACT
The parties to this contract and agreement are:
(Hereinafter referred to as “the Owner”)
Dog Walker Name
(Hereinafter referred to as “the Walker”)
The parties choose the above stated addresses as their physical addresses at which legal proceedings may be instituted.
Whereas the Owner wishes to engage the Walker and the Walker agrees to undertake the services under the terms and provisions defined in this Dog Walking Contract as well as the Pet and Owner's information(s) and the Veterinary Release Form which shall all become part of this Contract. Any reference to dogs or pets in this contract shall refer to those specified on the Pet Information sheet(s).
The Walker shall be paid the amount per walk £
This Dog Walking Contract shall come into effect on the date: / /
A. Terminate on the date: / /
B. Terminate when either party gives 7 (seven) days written notice of termination.
Cancellation or Early Termination
• Either party may terminate this Dog Walking Contract a minimum of 24 (twenty four) hours prior to the first scheduled visit without incurring penalties or damages.
• Cancellation by the Owner of scheduled walks with less than 24 hrs notice may be charged at the full rate or rescheduled at the discretion of the Walker.
• Should any dog become aggressive or dangerous, the Walker may terminate this dog walking contract with immediate effect.
• Any wrongful or misleading information in the Pet and Owner's information sheets may constitute a breach of terms of this Dog Walking Contract and be grounds for instant termination thereof.
• The Walker accepts no liability for any breach of security or loss of or damage to the Owner’s property if any other person has access to the property during the term of this agreement.
• The Walker shall not be liable for any mishap of whatsoever nature which may befall a dog or caused by a dog who has unsupervised access to the outdoors.
• The Owner shall be liable for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to the Walker caused by the dog as well as damage to the Owner’s property.
• The Walker is released from all liability related to transporting dog(s) to and from any veterinary clinic or kennel, the medical treatment of the dog(s) and the expense thereof.
The Owner will not blame and payback the Walker against any and all costs, expenses, losses, liabilities and claims arising from said dogs behaviour unless the dog walker is wilful or negligent.
In the event of an emergency, the Walker shall contact the Owner at the numbers provided to confirm the Owner’s choice of action. If the Owner cannot be reached timeously, the Walker is authorized to:
• Transport the dog(s) to the listed veterinarian;
• Request on-site treatment from a veterinarian;
• Transport the dog(s) to an emergency clinic if the previous two options are not feasible.
The Walker warrants to keep safe and confidential all keys, remote control entry devices, access codes and personal information of the Owner and to return same to the Owner at the end of the contract period or immediately upon demand.
This Dog Walking Contract and Pet and Owner's information sheet(s) and the Veterinary Release Form attached constitute the sole and entire agreement between the parties with regard to the subject matter hereof and the parties waive the right to rely on any alleged expressed or implied provision not contained therein. Any alteration to this agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties.
No party may assign any of its rights or delegate or assign any of its obligations in terms of this Dog Walking Contract without the prior written consent of the other party, except where otherwise stated.
Walking dogs off lead
If agreed to by the Owner, the Walker has permission to walk the dog(s) off lead. By doing so, the Walker agrees to only walk the dog(s) off lead at safe and appropriate times and places.
Authorisation to walk dog(s) off the lead: Yes No
Authorisation to walk dog(s) with other dogs: Yes No
Signed by the Owner who warrants his/her authority to enter into this agreement
Date of Signature / /
Signed by the Walker who warrants his/her authority to enter into this agreement
Date of Signature / /